Friday, February 27, 2009

Thursday Night Drinking is a Young Man's Game

I went out as a wingman last night for my friend Jay. We went to a couple of different places, had some beers and nachos, and I talked him up to an assortment of girls. There were two girls at the second place that we played a game called "say random names and maybe they'll respond to one of them." Jay and I yelled out random girls names in their general direction for about 30 minutes and it didn't work. When he got up, I waved them over and told them that we had a $500 bet on their names. Seemed to be a good conversation started - Jay talked with the cute one for a while and I chatted with the friend. I was sure to mention that he had a size 13 shoe. It was fun for a while, but we both felt instantly super old when we learned our waitress was only 20. Plus had to work early today and we don't have the recovery we once did.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get out. I fortunately have great recovery time but alas, I hardly go out and find myself passed out by 11pm....

    ReplyDelete